Shop & Production Supervisor/CNC Operator
This employee will be responsible for working with the Facilities Maintenance, Sales and Purchasing teams to ensure smooth and efficient flow of day-to-day operations in the CNC Routing Shop. You will be responsible for organizing the daily production requirements, material flow, packaging of orders and movement to storage areas.
In addition to the production requirements, you will need to set up, operate and maintain two CNC Routing Machines. You will be responsible for creating programming instructions for the parts they are manufacturing, part quality inspections to ensure they all meet specifications.
This facility will have weekly cycle count responsibilities of all inventory stored within the building that will need to be reported to the Purchasing team. The ideal candidate will be able to organize materials, develop safe storage designs, assist material handlers in setting up storage systems, and enforcing shop/warehouse rules. This position will require an individual who is detail-oriented, organized and a self-starter. This individual will play a key role in the set up and implementation of any new inventory control system and managing the Shop flow and production.
The duties and responsibilities listed below are intended to provide general guidelines and parameters for the position and are not intended to be a comprehensive, detailed description of the job. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Set up and operate precision equipment
- Maintain precision equipment
- Inspect and test finished products
- Create programming documentation
- Maintain clean work areas
- Make daily work order requirements
- Maintain records and provide reports for maintenance and usage of material, supplies, equipment and tools
- Track production and make sure work flow moves accordingly
- Keep track of the materials that arrive at the warehouse
- Perform daily inventory cycle counts of the assigned materials
- Manage the shop areas ensuring materials, tools and equipment are functioning properly and storage areas are properly maintained
- Rotate the stock and ensure that the stored area is clean, maintained and up to date in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Monitor the usage of the stock, create reports related to utilization, coordinate with other departments and recommend changes in inventory counts
- Research and resolve all inaccuracies in inventory on-hand quantities
- Make all date entry adjustments to inventory database
- Assist Material Handling staff on material receipts
- Assist Purchasing on damaged and defective material claims
- Use of lifts and other equipment to stock, count, or re-organize materials
- Hand-eye coordination
- Analytical, problem-solving and mechanical skills
- Strong math skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Understanding of the operations of drills, lathes and milling equipment
- Setting up and maintaining computer manufacturing and production machines
- Programming precision computer equipment according to per-job specifications
- Reading schematics, blueprints and other documentation
- Writing and maintaining inspection and programming logs and manuals
- High School or equivalent