The primary function of the Service/Repair Handyman is to perform a wide variety of repairs and maintenance tasks. This could include: tearing down a fence, fixing fence installations, putting together hinges, minor electrical and plumbing fixes, painting, small outdoor kitchen remodels, appliance repairs, yard maintenance and others as assigned by the supervisor.
The duties and responsibilities listed below are intended to provide general guidelines and parameters for the position and are not intended to be a comprehensive, detailed description of the job. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Perform daily maintenance in the main building and local areas
- Repair fences
- Repair and replace doors and hinges if not working properly
- Deal with general hardware
- Provide services to some mechanical items
- Perform wood, PVC and metal maintenance and repairs
- Provide reports to supervisor as required
- Maintain proper records of all services
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with power tools
- Previous maintenance & handyman experience
- Experience with fence repairs, plumbing, drywall and mechanical