Purchases materials or other goods and/or coordinates activities involved with procuring products and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising. Receives and reviews requisitions requesting goods or services. Interviews and confers with vendors to obtain product or service information, pricing, availability, and delivery schedules. Selects products for purchase using the company approved guidelines and standards of acceptability. Manages defective material procedures and proper disposition with supply base. Performs cycle counts and is responsible for inventory accuracy. Expedites orders and requests as needed.
Key task and responsibilities:
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement records for costs, delivery, product quality, vendor performance, and inventory status.
- Manages defective material process with quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine root cause of defect and take corrective action.
- Keeps abreast of market trends, changes in business practices in their assigned commodity.
- Keeps abreast of new materials and products entering the market.
- Expedite delivery of goods to users.
- Performs inventory cycle counts.
- Schedule repairs and maintenance for shop equipment and vehicles.
- Monitor maintenance through the use of the Fleet Maintenance system.
- Manage the repair/replacement of small power tools.
Skills and attributes:
Required to operate computer for cost calculations, extensions, and discount applications.
Required to operate and manage all transactions on a fully integrated material requirements planning (MRP) system.
Manufacturing Facility experience 5+ years
College degree or equivalent work experience.
MRP system experience required